The practice of peer review is to ensure that good science is published. It is an objective process at the heart of good scholarly publishing and is carried out on all reputable scientific journals. Our referees therefore play a vital role in maintaining the high standards of JIPN (Journal Of Informatics Pelita Nusantara) and all manuscripts are peer reviewed following the procedure outlined below.
Special issues and/or conference proceedings may have different peer review procedures involving, for example, Guest Editors, conference organisers or scientific committees. Authors contributing to these projects may receive full details of the peer review process on request from the editorial office.
- JIPN (Journal of Informatics Pelita Nusantara) adheres to the prevailing industry standards and procedures for investigating publication ethics.
- JIPN (Journal of Informatics Pelita Nusantara) does not allow dual publication (the same material published twice in the peer reviewed literature), or dual submission (the same material simultaneously submitted to more than one journal).
- Specifically, JIPN (Journal of Informatics Pelita Nusantara) does not tolerate plagiarism, data or figure manipulation, knowingly providing incorrect information, copyright infringement, inaccurate author attributions, attempts to inappropriately manipulate the peer review process, failures to declare conflicts of interest, fraud, and libel. This list is not exhaustive - if there is uncertainty of what constitutes such actions, then more resources may be found at the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the Council of Science Editors (CSE), or the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME).
- JIPN (Journal of Informatics Pelita Nusantara) will rigorously enforce our standards, and follow up on any transgressions. In extreme cases, this may call for individuals to be reported to their institutions and/or for manuscripts to be retracted.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
- All JIPN (Journal of Informatics Pelita Nusantara) articles are published under a Creative Commons Attribution License (see each article for the exact CC BY version used). With this license, Authors retain copyright, but allow any user to share, copy, distribute, transmit, adapt and make commercial use of the work without needing to provide additional permission, provided appropriate attribution is made to the original author or source.
- By using this license, all JIPN (Journal of Informatics Pelita Nusantara) articles meet or exceed all funder and institutional requirements for being considered Open Access.
- Authors cannot use copyrighted material within their article unless that material has also been made available under a similarly liberal license.
FOCUS AND SCOPE
Editors invite researchers, practitioners, and students to write scientific developments in fields related to information systems/information technology.
The scope of Query’s Journal are: Decision Support System (DSS), Executive Information System (EIS), Geography Information Systems (GIS), Information System-scale Enterprise (ERP, EAI, CRM, SCM), E-Commerce, IT Governance, Information Systems of Banking, Information Systems of Industry, Retrieval Information, Information System Security, Information System Web-Based, Knowledge-based Systems, Mobile Computing, Databases, Data Warehouse, and Multimedia.
Initial manuscript evaluation
The editor first evaluates all manuscripts. It is rare, but it is entirely feasible for an exceptional manuscript to be accepted at this stage. Those rejected at this stage are insufficiently original, have serious scientific flaws, have poor grammar or English language, or are outside the aims and scope of the journal. Those that meet the minimum criteria are passed on to at least 2 experts for review.
Authors of manuscripts rejected at this stage will be informed within 2 weeks of receipt.
Type of peer review
This journal employs single blind review, where the reviewer remains anonymous throughout the process/ double blind reviewing, where both the reviewer and author remain anonymous throughout the process / open reviewing were both the reviewer and author are known to one another.
How reviewers are selected
Reviewers are matched to the paper according to their expertise. Our database is constantly being updated. We welcome suggestions for reviewers from the author though these recommendations may or may not be used.
Reviewers are asked to evaluate whether the manuscript :
- Is original
- Is methodologically sound
- Follows appropriate ethical guidelines
- Has results which are clearly presented and support the conclusions
- Correctly references previous relevant work
Reviewers are not expected to correct or copy edit manuscripts. Language correction is not part of the peer review process.
How long does the review process take?
Typically the manuscript will be reviewed within X months. Should the reviewers’ reports contradict one another or a report is unnecessarily delayed a further expert opinion will be sought. All our reviewers sign a conflict of interest statement. Revised manuscripts are usually returned to the initial referees within X weeks. Reviewers may request more than one revision of a manuscript.
A final decision to accept or reject the manuscript will be sent to the author along with any recommendations made by the reviewers, and may include verbatim comments by the reviewers.
Th editor’s decision is final
Reviewers advise the editor, who is responsible for the final decision to accept or reject the article.
Becoming a reviewer for JIPN (Journal Of Informatics Pelita Nusantara)
If you are not currently a reviewer for JIPN (Journal Of Informatics Pelita Nusantara) but would like to be added to the list of reviewers for this title, please contact the editorial office at [email protected]. The benefits of reviewing for JIPN (Journal Of Informatics Pelita Nusantara) include the opportunity to see and evaluate the latest work in your research area at an early stage, and to be acknowledged in an annual statement in JIPN (Journal Of Informatics Pelita Nusantara) if you have reviewed more than X manuscripts in the preceding 12 months. You may also be able to cite your work for JIPN (Journal Of Informatics Pelita Nusantara) as part of your professional development requirements for various professional societies and organisations.
All referees for this journal are eligible for x CME points from [Society]. Please refer to https://iocscience.org/ejournal/index.php/JIPN for additional details on CME accreditation and validation by [Society].